Lose your fear of treatment with “Sleep Dentistry”. For patients who have dental fear or anxiety, we offer multiple sedation options to ensure every patient feels relaxed and comfortable.
What is Sedation Dentistry or “Sleep Dentistry”?
Sedation dentistry, sometimes called “Sleep Dentistry,” is a safe, gentle option used to help patients relax while having dental treatment. Medication will be used, but you usually remain awake unless you opt for a general anesthetic, making you sleep.
Dr. Kelly will discuss the sedation options with you so that you can choose the one you prefer and which the doctor feels is best suited to your circumstances:
- Local Anesthesia – an anesthetic applied directly to the area of removal
- Nitrous Oxide – also known as laughing gas, an anesthetic option used in congruence with other anesthetic options to calm anxiety during the procedure
- Sedation Anesthesia – administered through an intravenous (IV) line that allows you to sleep during the procedure
- General Anesthesia – an anesthetic delivered to allow a deep sleep during the procedure
What are the benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
Being sedated while you have dental work completed brings with it many benefits. Your anxiety will be relieved, you will be less aware or unaware of the procedure being carried out, and your fear will be a thing of the past.
Who should consider Sedation Dentistry?
If the thought of dental treatment fills you with dread, then sedation dentistry is well worth considering. Whether you have a phobia or something less, by allowing your dentist to sedate you, dental treatment can be carried out quickly and efficiently. Talk to Dr. Kelly about sedation dentistry if you have problems with any of the following:
- A fear of dentists
- Low pain threshold
- Very sensitive teeth
- A gag reflex that causes problems during treatment
- Need to have a vast amount of work carried out
How do I get started?
Call a treatment coordinator at Dental Implant Center of the Carolinas to discuss your sedation options.